Our Legacy

Established in 1876, in a partnership between Charles Goodnight and Cornelia and John Adair, it has remained to this day under the ownership and management of Cornelia’s descendants, without any benefit of oil and gas production on the ranch.


People & Places

Charles Goodnight
John Adair
Cornelia Wadsworth Ritchie Adair
Cornelia Adair
Jack Ritchie
Montie Ritchie
Cornelia (Ninia) Ritchie
Andrew Bivins
JA Ranch
Glenveagh Castle
Tom Blasingame


Companion Website

To view additional links and history of the JA Ranch visit our companion website at Ranches.org.